We are now able to get back to a more normal way of doing business, but still with some restrictions.
We must still practise social distancing and wear masks and gloves when viewing homes.
As a buyer:
- If there is still a possibility that you will lose your job you must remember that, even though your mortgage has been approved and you have removed your financing condition, the mortgage company may not fund your mortgage if you lose your job between the time of your mortgage approval and the closing date of the transaction.
- When you find a home you would like to view, you must wear a mask and gloves and enter only with your Realtor and one other person (don't bring the kids)
- CMHC has changed their rules for qualifying which makes it more difficult to get approved however Genworth has not made the same changes so there is still an option for buyers
As a seller:
- Realtors®, Buyers, inspectors, and appraisers, will be required to wear a mask and gloves when in your home and are required to answer a set of COVID-related questions before they enter
- you will have to disinfect your home before and after every showing as we can't be sure of what was touched
- open houses may now be conducted but with restrictions. Only one group at a time is allowed in the home, others must wait outside until the first group leaves. Everyone in the house must wear a mask and gloves and stay 6' apart from the attending Realtor®. We will leave doors and draws open and lights on and ask those attending the open house to touch as little as possible
If you have any questions about these restrictions and protocols, call me and I'll be happy to discuss them with you. Please continue to stay healthy and safe.